Friday, July 3, 2015

Comfort. Control. Contentment.



Comfort, control, and contentment are three huge things to me. I struggle when even one of those elements of my life are either missing or out of whack. Sometimes, I find myself relying on those things more than anything else and a mere shift of one of the three can turn my world chaotic, as well as the world of those I hold closest. However, I am beginning to realize sometimes a shift of the elements is necessary when we become too comfortable, when we rely on elements other than our savior to make us complete. Sometimes we just need a gentle reminder. Sometimes it needs to be one more forceful and of the flashing neon light persuasion. Sometimes, life just gets out of whack and we have choices. We have the choice to wallow in those moments, "take charge" of it, or just submit and fall at the foot of the cross. I tend to cycle through all three during a shift change but thankfully as I've grown older (maybe a tad wiser) I've begun to cycle through those quicker and find myself landing at the foot of the cross much quicker than I ever have before. Submission can be harder than anything but how sweet it is when it happens.


Psalm 139: 10-12
"even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me. If I say, "Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light about me be night," even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is bright as the day, for darkness is as light with you." (ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment