Monday, May 24, 2010

4 months!!

Has she really been here this long? Our sweet baby girl turned 4 months on Sunday! I can't quite wrap my head around the fact that this time last year I was pregnant and we didn't even know if Teagan was a girl or a boy! Time is going by faster and faster and Josh and I are trying to savor every single minute of her. We just drink in her joy and sweetness every minute we can. Like yesterday (Sunday) when we came home from church. We tag-teamed lunch and Teagan slept on my chest (which I LOVE because she doesn't like to do this a lot anymore) and her and I took about a 2 hour nap. It was Heaven!

Anyway, here are some fun Teagan facts:

*12.4lbs, 24 3/4 inches long (the doc says her genetic predisposition is starting to emerge and hopefully she'll turn out tall like a Reid!), head- 16cm (basically she is long, skinny and perfect!)

*did great getting her 4 month shots. She just cried while she was getting them and then she was over it. She and I took a nap after we got home and she was all better ;-) and then we went and had lunch with Aunt Jeana and Miles!

*diaper size 2

*still sleeps like a champ. Sleeps from 8:30-5 or 6am.

*clothes- still mostly 3 month stuff because she is so skinny but can fit in her 3-6 month dresses and loves the dress Miles got her with green polka dots!

*can roll from side to side but prefers her right side to her left especially when she is sleeping so we are going to have to start the "head turn" after she goes to sleep at night.

*can sit in her exer-saucer without a prop now and actually plays with the toys like a champ! This is one of her daddy's favorite things to do with her other then watching hockey!

*semi-likes tummy time now but when she is over she is OVER it!

*likes daycare and loves to watch the older babies. She comes home with new sounds every week! Her new constant noise is squealing.

*is still nursing and that will be her main source of nutrition until 5 months and then we'll start solids. I'm thankful for a job and an understanding boss who allows me to do my job and be able to feed Teagan.

*loves the stroller! Now she is strong enough to sit up in the "big girl" part and she can look out and she just watches everything!

*Loves to "sing" in the car on the way to daycare and then on the way home she tells me all about her day.

*Josh and I play with her first thing in the morning and this is my favorite time. Just after she gets up and I feed her we all three lay in the floor and play for a few minutes until time to get ready for work and daycare. It's wonderful!

*Went on a nursing strike a few weeks ago but we're finally over that thank goodness!

I'm probably forgetting somethings but there is so much that is going on with her that it's hard to remember it all! She has changed so much in a month that I can't imagine what this month is going to hold! We can't wait for the joyous adventure that awaits us!






No comments:

Post a Comment