Thursday, May 27, 2010

Memorial Day.

I know it's not Memorial Day yet but I wanted to go ahead and post this now....



I've been lucky enough to grow up in a home where "proud to be an American" was an understatement and the pride to be a part of this country is like no other. Both of my parents were in the Air Force and thanks to them my blood runs RED, WHITE & BLUE. My dad has had the biggest impact on me. His devotion to Veterans and those currently serving is the strongest I've ever encountered.



I pray that this country begins to realize just what kind of price our soldiers have had to pay to keep our freedoms in tact. I don't care if you're anti-war, anti-military or anti-whatever else. You have the FREEDOM to be your "anti-" BECAUSE of a soldier. And honestly, if you don't support our SOLDIERS (I'm not saying support the war) then you can build a bridge and walk over into another country because those men and women are giving their lives just so you can belly ache about how bad this country is.



So, here is a BIG thank you to those men and women who are serving, have served or died serving this country as well as the POW (prisoners of war)/MIA (missing in action)...may we never forget.












It is the VETERAN, not the preacher, who has given us freedom of religion.
It is the VETERAN, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.
It is the VETERAN, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.
It is the VETERAN, not the campus organizer, who has given us freedom to assemble.
It is the VETERAN, not the lawyer, who has given us the right to a fair trial.
It is the VETERAN, not the politician, who has given us the right to vote.
It is the VETERAN who salutes the Flag.
It is the VETERAN who serves under the Flag.
God Bless them all!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment