Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Birds. Flowers. Grass. Community.

This morning while doing my quiet time I was reading through Matthew 6:25-34 (using the She Reads Truth plan).  Just reading through I was in awe of how He cares for us.  Then, I came to a realization in this passage that I never have until now.  This is what I wrote in my journal.


He has us.  He will make sure our needs are met.  Often we, as Christians, replace that word NEED with WANT.  Our Father is not going to spoil us materially-new car, new wardrobe, credit card with no limits or repercussions.  He will provide us with what we need.  Just like the birds, flowers, grass.  Food. Shelter. Water. Clothing. Community.  I never thought until this morning about the community aspect of this passage but think with me.  He talks of the birds-who live and fly in community with one another.  He talks of grass and flowers, and while  I have seen a single flower, I have never seen a single blade of grass unless it has been plucked away.  Our God shows us all throughout the Bible how we are to live with each other in community.  Building each other up and calling each other out with love.
In light of the tragedy that struck yesterday in the town of Boston, community is needed now.  Believer. Unbeliever.  Prayers, helping hands, love, and community.
Please join me in praying for the people of Boston.  Those who have their lives there and those who were welcomed so graciously by the people of Boston to run the marathon or support those running.


 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome insight kiddo! Being part of a community (especially a God loving, God fearing one)adds so much to our daily lives. We're told not to forsake gathering together. Instead, we are to " Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing." 1Th 5:11.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete