Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year's Resolution #1

I've been accumulating a list of must read book suggestions for this year.  I love to read but don't have near enough time to read.  My reading time consists of right before bed, where I usually end up falling asleep or in the bathroom.  So, in order to have a resolution I can keep I've decided to choose just 12 books this year.  One a month and if I get through more then that then yay me.  Otherwise, 12 is a good number.

Here are the books I have so far:

January- Wicked
February- Holiday on Ice
March- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
April- Of Mice and Men
May- The Last Block in Harlem
June- The Hunger Games trilogy
July- Love Walked In
August- Bending Toward the Sun
September- Graziella
October-This is Where I Leave You
November- need suggestions
December- need suggestions.

3 comments:

  1. Wicked was excellent. Of Mice and Men is one of my all-time favorites. Another that I personally really like is Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut. Also a favorite is Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes. Kirk suggested the full Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will LOVE the Hunger Games; they are amazing. Also, I recommend anything by Sarah Dessen if you want to read more Young Adult Lit. If you want "big girl" books, I would suggest 19 Minutes by Jodi Picoult or Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. Good Luck and Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls!
    And Kirkus...I've already read the full Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy! Geez, gimme some credit ;-) haha! Did you know it was a TV series?!

    ReplyDelete