Saturday, February 5, 2011

Doctors visits.

I wrote you all about the 105 degree temp scare but I absolutely forgot to write about Teagan's doc visit.  For those of you not interested, it's absolutely okay.  I'm writing this more of a baby book for Teagan so some of the mundane mommy is just trying to remember stuff please feel free to skip over.
Now, the 1 year check up wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.  I went in there thinking she was going to have 4 shots but there was only 3.  Although the forth one basically was replaced by a finger prick and squeeze to check iron so it pretty much counts as the forth shot. 
Teagan is growing like a weed. Slowly but surely. She has moved from the 5th and 10th percentile in weight and height to the 25% coming in at a whopping 19.5 lbs and 28 inches.  Her head is in the 75th percentile which goes along with the old saying "big head, big brain"! Just to prove that fact she scored above average on her developmental assessment.  She definitely has her daddy's brains and my personality.  Quite the combination, so look out world!
There was once not so fun thing the doctor found.  Teagan STILL had an ear infection.  They don't think it cleared up from December and since she's never been a symptomatic child we had no idea.  The doc gave her stronger antibiotics and we go for a re-check in another week to make sure it cleared up this time.  I definitely felt awful but the doc reassured me that non-symptomatic babies are not unusual so to show my self some slack.
I've also had some concerns about a few things they are serving at Teagan's school.  The Friday of her doctor's appointment they were having HOT DOGS.  My child has 2 teeth. Really?? They were also giving them juice. Like mixed fruit, packed full of sugar, two fruits in the title juice.  The doctor was as appalled as I was and wrote Teagan a note for no juice and no hot dogs (due to lack of teeth).  Can I just tell you how amazing Teagan's docs are?
Of course before the torture pictures had to be taken...







4 comments:

  1. I know it! I was not a happy Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this is taken okay.....As a nanny and childcare worker with over 10 years experience I have to add that hot dogs are okay if served properly. They have to be pennied and then quartered. Even a child with only 2 teeth can chew then, IF they are used to chewing food already. Not that I condone serving them since they have no real nutritional value, just saying. I can't believe they actually serve juice in the class though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nessa- I know it!! Geeez!
    Charlotte- I do have a slight innate fear of hot dogs. Just having seen so many kids choke on them due to them, the kids, not paying attention. My biggest agrgument about it was the lack of nutritional value.

    ReplyDelete