Thursday, October 4, 2012

For the love of tractors.


Keeping things simple is something Josh and I are trying to continuously instill in our girls.  We don’t need a lot of stuff to be happy.  Josh was raised living the farm life where contentment in simplicity ruled, with a happy heart and a kind hand.  Tractors were a large part of his farm life and it is something we hope to pass down to the girls.  Tractors are something Josh and his dad enjoy working on together and it is something Josh hopes to pass down to the girls.  Teagan has started to really take interest in tractors and what they can do.  
We recently went to a local tractor show and I loved just standing back with Kyra Mae watching the twinkle grow in Teagan and Josh’s eyes.  It was the look of something special growing.  That twinkle continues to grow brighter with every look I see them exchange.  With every story read.  Every bear hug given.  With every new thing learned.  It’s that look I see developing between Josh and Kyra Mae as well.  I recognized it the day both girls were born.  I recognized it because it’s the same look my daddy still gives me.  It’s just one of those things that never goes away, no matter how old a girl gets.

No comments:

Post a Comment