Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Soul Detox. #SheReadsTruth

I am playing catch up and started the next devotion on #SheReadsTruth. I missed yesterday so I did a twofer this morning.  This particular devotion focuses on "Soul Detox".  I am pretty excited about this.  The idea behind the devotion is to arm ourselves against toxic thoughts by replacing them with God's Truth.
So often thoughts go through our heads, mine most definitely included, that have the venom of a dozen vipers.  Not only quick to judgmental thoughts of others but of myself.  Not digging into God's Word puts us at such a disadvantage in these particular moments of negativity and sometimes hate.  If we aren't digging into God's Word then the toxic venom can become so damaging that the CDC wouldn't even come in and clean it up with their super duper powerful biohazard suits.  In those moments of quick and powerful negative thoughts it's helpful to have at least one or two verses or song lyrics or sayings that can instantly counteract the negativity.  For some, we've been "memorizing" scripture for as long as we can remember.  If you're anything like me, I MAY remember five of those verses that I learned just long enough at camp to get a gold star.  Those verses have come in handy a few times but it's time to stop being spiritually lazy and start learning new ones.  I am going to be 29 in a few weeks, it's time to get my act together.
One of my goals this year is to learn 12 verses.  That is ONE a month.  To be honest, I am learning them side by side with Teagan, and eventually Kyra as we are still working on the whole talking thing at 15 months.  The verses are simple, toddler simple, but effective....simple and effective enough to recall at a moments notice, just before the venom begins to bubble.


  Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

No comments:

Post a Comment