Saturday, March 15, 2014

We'll get there...


Kyra Mae turned 2 in October. It's March and I feel like she is a week away from three already. She is tall like her daddy and sassy like her mommy and that makes for a deadly combination. Right now we are trying to combat allergies and hitting. Her tantrums give Teagan's a run for their money but her passion for love just oozes out of her pores. She is definitely strong willed and not easily "defeated" and I pray that Josh and I are able to restrain that will without destroying it.


Teagan is freshly four...teen. She is truly coming into her own and it is proving to be a difficult transition. We've discovered that for both girls the beginning of "their year" is always the most difficult but the second half is usually much better. Teagan is emotionally driven, just like me, which has made for an interesting combination when it comes to tantrums (hers, not mine). Teagan is extremely smart which makes it hard sometimes when her emotional level is not the equivalent of her intellectual abilities. So, both Josh and I have to be careful when it comes to our expectations of her. Some days we get it right enough for a dance in the end zone and others we should probably be sent to the showers. Teagan is kind and loving and currently loves all things dance and all things doctor related. We are at Josh's parents house and Teagan wants to help grandpa give the cows their shots (my in-laws recently sold their chicken farm but kept the cows). 

The next few months are going to be touch and go as far as emotions go. This morning was rough and I'm still recovering from the drama but Josh provides respit for me when he sees the look of defeat and need for rest in my eyes and I am so thankful for him. We'll get there...Lord willing, we'll get there...

Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

No comments:

Post a Comment