Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Rewind back to high school.

Mandy over at Harper's Happenings posted some of those "about you questions" we all liked to pass around in high school and college.  It has been that long since I've done something like that so I figured I would jump on the bandwagon.  She "tagged" us all anyway so here goes nothing:
First, a picture was requested.  I rarely do pictures by myself anymore.  Okay, so never is more like it.  I normally have one or two sweet girls attached to some appendage.

10 Random things about me:

I LIKE to workout. If I had more time I would be a workin' out fool.
I don't want anymore kids. I am done. done. done. Our family of 4 is complete.
My favorite number of all time is 26...ask any of my besties from High School and they will roll their eyes at this statement. It was bad, y'all.
I want to write a book. One day it will happen.  With a lot of grammar help from a publisher or something.
I'm not big on sweets. Don't get me wrong, I love a good cupcake or a chocolate pie but I will pick the savory or salty category any day.
Josh and I started out complete opposites. Now we are slowly melding into similar persons.  I'm still his social butterfly though.
I don't know how to really use my Nikon D40...after 4 years. I should get on that.
I love to send and get "snail mail" I was awesome at it a few years ago...I really should get back to being awesome at it.
I drink coffee because I like it. Caffeine does nothing for me.
I will be running a marathon in the next two years.


Now for the question Mandy asked.
1. have you ever met someone famous? I met and got HUGGED by Ricki Lake and then I ran into Bob Harper, literally, at BlogHer '11...that was super embarrassing as I was a giggling pregnant fool.

2. what is your happiest childhood memory? Honestly, I HATE these questions. I had an awesome childhood. I moved a lot and got to see lots of places (Air Force Brat). However, I have a TERRIBLE memory and can very rarely remember things. So I guess I am kind of skipping this question. Sorry, Mom!

3. favorite album of all time? I LOVE the Boys 2 Men Cooleyhighharmony Album. When any of those songs come on I crank them up and jam out...it's pretty sad and will for sure embarrass Teagan and Kyra as they get older.  Sorry kiddos!

4. are you a salty or sweet lover? I love a good mixture of the two.  Sweet & Salty Chex Mix make my world go 'round.  I eat them a bag at a time...that is why I don't buy them. Often.

5. what is favorite guilty pleasure tv show or movie? I love the show Revenge and I also slipped back into my obsession with One Tree Hill...it is the last season after all.

6. describe your favorite sandwich. Turkey, Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato, Mustard, Wheat Bread w/BBQ chips ON the sandwich.

7. what was your first pet? A full-blooded black Chow. I named him Blacky. I was so clever at age 8.

8. what is your biggest accomplishment thus far in life? Having a successful VBAC. I rocked it. Totally rocked it.

9. what is the first blog you started reading?  I really started reading "blogs" when I was pregnant. I think my first was "Dear Baby".

10. if you had to choose one dessert for the rest of your life, what would it be? My mom's oreo surprise. It's shove it into my mouth with my hands good.

Ready for my questions?

Ice cream. What is your favorite ice cream?
What is the scariest thing you've ever done?
How many times do you check your e-mail and facebook a day?
What is your comfort book? The one you have read so many times the pages are wearing.
What does your favorite coffee or tea mug look like?
What do you hope your kiddo grows up to be?
Did you have a "lovey" growing up? What was it?
Is there something on Pinterest that you want to do but haven't tried? What is it?
If you could meet one person living now who would it be?


Ready? Set? GO!

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I saw your comment on my questions post, so now I'm answering yours!

    Ice cream. What is your favorite ice cream? chocolate chip mint. no comparison!

    What is the scariest thing you've ever done? hmm. gotten married i think. it was good, but i was scared!

    How many times do you check your e-mail and facebook a day? ugh. way too many! i try to only facebook when baby's asleep, but email, i check on my phone often.

    What is your comfort book? The one you have read so many times the pages are wearing. gotta be the bible!

    What does your favorite coffee or tea mug look like? i love mugs! i collect starbucks mugs. my fave is brown with ceramic hearts all over it.

    What do you hope your kiddo grows up to be? happy. a good man who loves God. some kind of a musician!

    Did you have a "lovey" growing up? What was it? a lovey? as in like a stuffy toy? i had a big life-size doll named Jenny. i loved her so much she had to be in family photos with us!

    Is there something on Pinterest that you want to do but haven't tried? What is it? yes! this! http://pinterest.com/pin/37365871878301607/

    If you could meet one person living now who would it be? oh. hmm. living now....probably my birth father who left when i was small & all my half siblings from his side.

    great blog! i'll follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will definitely run a marathon! YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, this looks like fun, so here goes!

    Ice cream. What is your favorite ice cream?
    Tara: Definitely chocolate with peanut butter cups
    Kirk: Cotton candy with gummy bears

    What is the scariest thing you've ever done?
    Tara: Moved halfway across the country to a place where we knew NO ONE!
    Kirk: Gone to Kuwait

    How many times do you check your e-mail and facebook a day? Tara: Too many, my phone is almost always by my side.
    Kirk: Facebook-not much, but I live on my work email

    What is your comfort book? The one you have read so many times the pages are wearing.
    Tara: I have just recently found time to read again, so I honestly can't even think of what books I own
    Kirk: Soul of a New Machine and The Great Gatsby

    What does your favorite coffee or tea mug look like?
    Tara: My Union Board mug
    Kirk: The big "Union Board" soup mug, black with white lettering

    What do you hope your kiddo grows up to be?
    Tara: Secretly, I think it would be awesome if he was either a drummer in a rock band or a dancer
    Kirk: Grown and not broken

    Did you have a "lovey" growing up? What was it?
    Tara: Yes, my little stuffed dog named Cinnamon
    Kirk: No

    Is there something on Pinterest that you want to do but haven't tried? What is it?
    Tara: Nope
    Kirk: What is Pinterest?

    If you could meet one person living now who would it be?
    Tara: It's a toss up between Steven Tyler and John Cusack
    Kirk: My evil twin

    ReplyDelete