Friday, February 3, 2012

Homemade Laundry Detergent.


I did it. I ran out of laundry detergent.  So, Josh bought the stuff to make it and I did.  I didn't want to mess with making the liquid stuff, too messy.  So, I made the powder stuff. 
I will let you in on a little secret...it was easier then making a ham and cheese sandwhich.  Seriously, I just googled "home-made laundry detergent" and found this recipe several times.  I followed it and Wahlah! We have detergent for the next 2-3 months for about $6! Holla!! (yes, I just said typed holla, I am that excited about it)

2 cups Borax (I used 20 Mule Team Borax)
2 cups Washing Soda (I used Arm & Hammer)
1 regular sized bar of soap (I used the Fels Naptha and it smelled lemony fresh!)

All you need to do is grate the soap, then mix the three ingredients together for around five minutes or until thoroughly mixed. 

I basically doubled and tripled and whatevered the ingredients until I filled up my bucket.  Josh added an extra shelf for me in our laundry "area" so I am searching for a cute, PLASTIC container.  Next on my list is dishwasher detergent!





Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I have seen this recipe before but never got round to making it myself. Well done you for doing it...I bet it is just as good as store bought detergent.

    ReplyDelete