Thursday, April 21, 2011

15 weeks

*picture via Google Images*

I will be 15 weeks on Saturday.  I really can't believe we're already at this point.  This pregnancy is flying by.  It's a little daunting.  I feel sometimes that I'm not spending enough "time" with the baby in my belly because all of my focus is on taking care of Teagan. I spent a lot of time reading and singing and rubbing and thinking about Teagan when she was in my belly.  I know this baby hears all of that but it's all directed to Teagan.  I need to start taking a few minutes during the day to really just focus on this baby every single day. 

On to the "good stuff":

Weight gain- 4 1/2 - 5lbs depending on the day.  Most of the weight is in the "top" section of my body & that is all I'm going to say about that right now.

Size of Baby Bear- 4 inches long about the size of an apple!! Not even a pound yet!

Clothes- I can still fit in about 95% of my clothes.  My "hot mama" skinny jeans definitely got put in the back of the closet a few weeks ago.  I'm in that weird "I look like I've just let myself go, where is that round belly at" phase. 

Baby Bear's movement- Once or twice when I'm still and on the couch relaxing I've felt a little dainty roll that leaves as quickly as it comes.  It brings tears to my eyes every time. 

Cravings- ORANGES!!! I can tear through a 5lb bag in a week at work with no help.  Grape kool-aid. Mashed potatoes. Substation 2 subs (that I can't have but they sound SO very good).

Aversions- The thought of berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries) makes me sick.  Strawberries are okay and I can definitely eat them like crazy!

Feeling: Pretty great! I have my days where I feel exhausted, bloated and irritable but the pretty great days outweigh the bad.  Chasing Teagan around has helped me keep the weight down and not just sit and veg on the couch.  I do feel the exhaustion hit around lunch and so I grab a short lunch and a power nap at my parents after.  That has definitely helped me function and not burn out. 
I have struggled a little more mentally with the weight thing this time.  A lot rides on me keeping my wieght on the lower end of normal.  I was also trying to get down to a healthy goal weight when I got pregnant and so I am having to re-adjust my mental game.  It is going to take time but I have a very supportive husband who helps me keep it in perspective. 
(Guys in my life other then my husband should probably stop reading right now, TMI ahead)
Also, the girls are already HUGE!!! For those of you who know me you know that I hate boobs.  I always have.  I was wearing sports bras in high school & college just to smoosh them down everyday.  There have even been a few times during the years where I have seriously joked with friends who are "less full"  that I will share.  I am already up a size and I am only 15 weeks.  My milk never really had time to dry up and so I can only imagine how big they are going to get in the next 25 weeks.  YIKES!
Honestly, that would be my biggest and really only complaint.  I am truly thankful every single day for such a healthy pregnancy so far.  I will do my best to post an official 15 week picture on Saturday!

1 comment: