Saturday, April 16, 2011

Try this. You'll love it.

We are very blessed to have found a great church home with friends that just kind of came with the package.  Our community group tries to get together as much as we can.  This week we had family dinner and we volunteered to host.  I made the decision I would try and make baked ziti.  I had never tried it before and figured friends were the best guinea pigs so I went for it.  I found a really easy recipe here but I'll lay it out for you after the pictures too.  We had a great time and everybody loved it.  Even Josh, who I call (lovingly), my toughest critic.  And of course Teagan chowed down, ate more then I did and had a ziti grin from ear to ear.  I didn't take a picture. Fail.  

But I did manage a picture of the finished product before we chowed down! We also had a great home-grown lettuce salad that almost looked too fresh and green to eat!


Ingredients


1 pound dry ziti pasta
1 onion, chopped
1 pound lean ground beef
2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
6 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
1 1/2 cups sour cream (I left this out. I hate sour cream. Not really sure what the point was but it was great without it)
6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (I used more and just sprinkled as much as I wanted on the top)


Directions


1.Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain.
2.In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat. Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 15 minutes.
3.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, Provolone cheese, sour cream, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
4.Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted.




Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

3 comments:

  1. I just bookmarked this. The toddler loves ziti and the husband loves beef and red sauce. I might hide some veggies in it and call it "healthy". Win win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I had peanut butter and jelly for dinner last night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne-let me know how it goes over when you fix it!

    Allison-there is absolutely nothing wrong with a good PB&J!!

    ReplyDelete