Wednesday, July 18, 2012

What I'm learning.

We're still in the midst of this torrential storm a lot of people, including us, call Life.  Slowly, but surely, we are getting into a groove.  Do focus on the word slowly though.
In the last few weeks we have transitioned into being a single income family, mommy being a full time grad student, potty training, crawling and a few odds and ends thrown into the mix.  I have been learning a lot through this transitioning time though.  It helps me to keep my head on my shoulders when I remember that. Sometimes it's easier said than done.

I am extremely lucky and blessed to have the support system I do. Whether it be my parents who pick up the girls and bring them to our house at least one day a week or Josh's parents who watch the girls sometimes on Saturdays or my family and friends who I know are thinking and praying for us once or more a day.
The Lord has blessed me with a strength that has surpassed any I've felt in the past and I am realizing He absolutely will not give me more than I can handle...even when I think He does.
My husband is a great man.  He has had to take on a lot of extra responsibilities with me in grad school and grad school only.  (Yes, I already knew this already, but he proves it more every day.)
Time management skills.  I'm still working on this but it's getting easier.  We've got a daily chore chart for the big stuff and with the girls leaving so early with Josh in the morning I am able to get things done (even a shower! EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! haha, Mommy joke) before I head in for my internship or school.  When I get stuff done in the mornings it gives me time to be with my family in the evenings until the girls go to bed.  I told Josh when we started that I was not going to give up my family just to go to grad school and so far I have pretty much been able to stick by that statement.
My professors are not out to make my life miserable.  So far, they have been amazing and I can't complain.  Some of the stuff we're doing is challenging and has catapulted me outside my comfort zone but I feel like I came into it expecting that.

I continue to try and remember the positive things that are coming out of this.  I try and remember to stay in each moment instead of thinking of all the things that need to be done.  I try not to get overwhelmed and allow myself a good cry when I feel the need.  Nobody ever said this was going to be easy.  Like we were teaching Teagan tonight- nothing worth having is really supposed to be easy.  Perseverance is key.  I am trying to practice what we're preaching because once again, actions are going to speak louder than words.

1 comment:

  1. What amazing and scary changes recently Rici... but you are going to soar right through it all.

    ReplyDelete