Tuesday, October 18, 2011

And the Mother of the Year award goes to...

Me.
I had that first really awful Mommy moment this morning. I fell. With Teagan. On the asphalt. And she hit her head. I'm not sure what I tripped on or if I just fell over my own two feet.  What I do know is that my Mommy reflexes were not quick enough to cushion her head from the concrete.  So, it bounced and THEN I caught it.  We were in the middle of the car line at school and all I could do was sit there (yes, in the road) and rock her while she cried because her mommy had just fallen and she'd gotten hurt. After about 45 seconds I regained my composure and realized we needed ice or a "boo-boo pack" (and to get out of the road) so I rushed into her school, got one out of the freezer and immediately applied it praying the knot would come up so we were in the clear of a concussion.  I went into an empty classroom with a rocking chair and just sat there rocking her, holding the "boo-boo pack" and apologizing over and over again.  She snuggled up to me and just sat there while I rocked her trying not to cry.  After a few minutes she wanted to hold the "boo-boo pack" and I felt the knot and saw the bruise and I knew she was okay.  That didn't stop me from snuggling with her for a few more minutes before I took her into her classroom. 
After I got her settled I went to the car and cried. Then I cried some more.  I have never felt so bad. I keep replaying the fall in my head along with the sound effects.
Thankfully, we are both okay, just bumped & bruised. I do know it will take a few days for it to get outta my head though.  Big fat Mommy Fail.