Monday, March 12, 2012

Date night. The free kind!

Free dinner + free movie + both girls in bed + couch = Daddy & Mommy date night

As parents of two littles it is really hard to find time or money to do a date night.  You know the one.  Where Mama wears her tall & sexy heels and Daddy opens the car door looking devilishly handsome.  We've had to become a little more creative when it comes to spending quality time together.  It use to be at the dinner table but now Teagan is so verbal she pretty much owns the conversation at dinner, telling us about her day.  We love hearing her wild toddler stories so we listen to her intently. 

I was contacted a little while back to see if I would like to review a new Christian-family friendly video and I jumped on it! You might have seen the advertisement for the "Woodcarver" movie. It was released on March 6th. 


I don't want to say too much about the actual movie becuase I don't want to give it away but Josh and I really liked it.  In fact, we've already lent it out to a friend!  It was definitely a family-friendly movie.  I felt like the story line was pretty in line with a lot of what families in our country are dealing with.  Separation, divorce, the affect on children, etc.  Josh and I really enjoyed it.  I know a lot of people think of Christian based family-friendly movies are going to shove Jesus in your face and they don't like that.  This movie incorporated subtle ways that we can share Jesus and increase his presence in our lives and others. 

Also, on top of the movie they sent me they offered one to one of my readers!!!  All you have to do is leave a comment about what your favorite cheap date is OR your favorite family friendly movie! This giveaway will be open until Sunday, March 18th!
I can't wait to hear everybody's ideas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment