Sunday, December 9, 2012

Crockpot Baked Ziti. UhMazing.


Sometimes I don't feel like cooking.  With school sometimes I just don't have a lot of time to cook.  The crockpot is becoming a constant companion, a reliable one at that, in our house.  I wanted something filling and carb-y (hello, PMS, go away soon thanks) and something I knew the rest of the family would dive into as well.  

I had crockpot baked ziti pinned and thought this would be a good time to do it. 

Here's my version. 

1 box of pasta (I usually mix wheat and white)
2 jars of pasta sauce (I used one garlic/tomato and one sweet pepper/basil)
Parmesan cheese to taste
1-2lbs of the meat you love.  I used hamburger meat that I had browned in Italian dressing (SO FREAKIN GOOD). 

To do with the goods.

Put the crockpot on low for 4-5 hours or high for 2-3 hours. 
Use a crockpot liner or spray some cooking spray so it doesn't stick. 
Mix your meat and your pasta sauce together.
Spoon a layer or meat/pasta sauce. 
Spoon a layer of noodles (uncooked)
Sprinkle a layer of cheese (we LOVE cheese in this house, so I sprinkled a LOT)
Repeat. 
Cover. 
Go read play with your kids, go for a run, take a hot shower, or whatever else makes you happy. 


This turned out really good.  We are still eating leftovers and nobody has complained yet.  When you reheat make sure you cover it with a moist paper towel so it stays moist and add a little garlic and an extra sprinkle of cheese! It's almost better as leftovers! Move over baked-baked ziti, here comes the crockpot kind!



Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

No comments:

Post a Comment