Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Dearest Kyra Mae.

Dearest Kyra Mae,
My sweet girl, you went to the dentist for the first time today and you did great!  You did cry a lot but after you were finished being what seemed like tortured you perked right back up and turned on the Kyra Mae charm!  You are getting in so many teeth at one time but you are such a trooper!  You started getting your teeth around nine months and you haven't stopped.  So, my sweet baby, you have been teething for four months non stop.  I just don't know how you've done it and not been a complete grizzly bear!  You haven't come out unscathed though because you have basically kept an ear infection the entire time.  Hopefully this next round of antibiotics will knock it out.  
You are growing so quickly.  Much too quickly.  You are practically running right now and you have almost caught Teagan in height.  You are truly going to give her a run for her money pretty soon.  You are a feisty little booger and I have a feeling she is going to realize that in the next few months.  Watch out, Big Sister!
You are working on eating with a fork and you are doing a pretty good job!  Tonight you ate french toast with a fork and seem to really be getting the hang of it.  You have also started doing "praying hands" on your own.  It is precious to watch!  
Even though you are a feisty little bear you are extraordinarily sweet.  You love hugging on your stuffed animals.  Whether you are walking or running around the house you typically have your puppy or your gorilla snuggled up to you.  You are still a great sleeper and 9 times out of 10 you go down without a fuss and without needing to be rocked.  Sometimes this still bothers me a little bit and I am so thankful when you allow a little before bed cuddle.  I don't force it though, because I know you are not a huge snuggler and that is okay.  I take whatever I get.  Even when you don't want to cuddle you allow me to sit you on my lap and I pray for you.  I put my hands over yours and we do praying hands, we say the typical sweet children's "night-night" prayers and then I pray for you, over you.  I pray for you to know how much I love you.  I pray for you to have sweet dreams.  I pray for your heart to grow closer to the Lord with every day.  I pray for you and Teagan's relationship to grow stronger each day.    I continue to learn so much from you, Kyra Mae.  You teach me every day that just because you and Teagan both came out of my belly does not mean you came out the same person.  You have different strengths, different weaknesses, different likes and dislikes.  When you were first born that idea intimidated me a little bit and I had a hard time dealing with it.  You have been so patient with me and our relationship has grown so much over the last 13 months.  We are still learning each other and I know we will continue to do so the rest of your life.  You and I are completely different and to be completely honest, I think that is going to come in handy come your teenage years!
I hope you know how much I love you.  I will continue to remind you every day a few times a day with a ton of hugs and and equal amounts of kisses.

Forever and Always,
Mommy    

No comments:

Post a Comment