Wednesday, February 3, 2010

2 week check up!

We went to Teagan's second doctor's appointment today! We went to her first appointment the day after we were able to go home from the hospital because they were worried about her weight. She lost 9% of her weight and they don't like it to get lower then 10% but they wanted to check it anyway. So last Wednesday she weighed 8lbs 1oz....today she weighed in at 8lbs 13oz!! The doctor just laughed and said "Mommy must have some good milk!!". She also told us that Teagan has done so good weight wise that we can let her sleep as long as she wants during the night! (I have been getting up every 2 hours just to make sure she eats and gains weight) She slept really well last night. I got at least 6hrs of sleep with a short feeding in between! It was amazing! I'm not sure how long this is going to last (maybe another week because then she has "a growth spurt" at 3 weeks and I'm sure it'll make for a few long nights) but I'm going to enjoy it while I can!

I'm still in amazement of being a woman. I've never really appreciated it until now. My body is doing things I never imagined it doing. I knew this was going to be difficult (but VERY worth it) but my body still knows what it's doing. Like last night, when it had been three hours since her last feeding my body woke itself up and not 3 minutes later Teagan was crying because she was hungry. It's incredible what the LORD has made a woman capable of!

Also, I'm in extreme amazement of my husband! I knew before we even really discussed having kids that he was going to be a great daddy. He is a strong and calm man with an old soul. He has been wonderful with Teagan. When I see him holding her my heart just melts. He thinks he isn't doing a lot (because he can't feed her and she eats and sleeps more then anything) but he has been an amazing help to me and makes sure I have what I need to care for his little girl. He definitely helps build my confidence in myself because he's always saying how great I am doing and how proud he is of how I've handled this (lack of sleep, etc). He is doing all he can and everything I need right now and I'm in amazement of him and how he's handling all of this!

Let me just tell you, having an (almost) 9lb baby (as of now) really helps with the weight loss! I'm so excited that I only have 13 more pounds before I am back to pre-pregnancy weight! I'm sure I'm going to hit that lovely "10 lb wall" and get stuck for a little while but by then hopefully the weather will start getting better and I can take her out in her stroller! I'll be able to drive next week so we'll definitely be getting a little more out and about and hopefully that will help! I <3 breastfeeding!! lol

Speaking of breastfeeding...I have a hungry baby!

2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to meet TAR. Hopefully we'll be able too meet her before too long...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Rici! This is awesome! And as far as daddy not feeling like he's doing enough...Matt always took on the role of taking care of MOMMY so that I could take care of baby in those early weeks...and of course he would do diaper duty :). He always felt like he wasn't doing enough with the babies so he would cater to me. I was sooo spoiled...and still am. I'm glad you enjoying yourselves. It goes by WAY to quickly! And isn't nursing just AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete