Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A little pick me up.

So, the pacifier was just a novelty and after the first day/night Teagan doesn't want anything to do with it. I was desperate the other night and decided to swaddle her. She was really tired but she kept waking herself up and poor baby was crying so hard because she was so tired so that meant I wasn't getting any sleep either and I ended up crying with her! I hadn't swaddled her since we left the hospital (well, she just always came back from the nursery swaddled so I never really had to swaddle her). Well, I will be swaddling her every single night from now on. The first night she slept a solid 5 1/2 hours! Now she is hitting that 3-4 week growth spurt period so she's waking up around every 2 hours again but she's sleeping very nicely in between feedings and I'm sure it's because she's not able to wake herself up since her arms can't jerk around.

I was reading my "Hugs for New Moms" book and found two things that made me nod my head and smile and I just figured I'd share because maybe a fellow mom needs a pick me up today too.


"When motherhood is draining the best of you and you feel overwhelmed and ill-equipped for the responsibilities of caring for your family, look up and remember that I'm your ever-present helper! Come to Me, and I'll refresh you and recharge your emotional, physical, and spiritual batteries. You'll find that with My help you can accomplish amazing things you could never do alone.

Energizing you
Your All-Powerful God"

~from Psalm 121:1-2, Matthew 11:28 and Philippians 4:13



Also, there was this quote:

"Who could look into the eyes of such a miracle and doubt the reality of God?"
~ Angela Thomas Guffey

No comments:

Post a Comment