Thursday, December 30, 2010

11 months

Dearest Teagan,
So much has gone on this last month Little Bear.  So much that I am almost at a loss for words to type.  I grow anxious and excited for this next month because you will soon turn 1.  As I type those words a lump rises in my throat and my eyes are glassy with tears.  These last 11 months have been beautiful and hard all at the same time.  You've made life a healthy challenge and your daddy and I love you so much for that.  You've been a fairly easy baby to be quite honest.  This last month your independence is starting to really develop and flourish.  More often then not I welcome your new found independence and other times I ache with a longing for the days where you needed me more.  Where your daddy and I were your whole world.  The growing up process is something I am going to have to get used to for the rest of your life and I promise to allow you room to do so.  I might hover a little more then you'd like but I promise not to smother you.
You're crawling at Olympic speed and you've tackled the stairs on more then on occasion.  You cruise at ease and stand for minutes at a time. You got a tricycle from your Grandma and Grandpa for Christmas and you like to push it around the house walking behind it.  Bascially once you take those first independent steps you will be a force to be reckoned with.  I can only imagine how fun you are going to be (as if it's possible to be more fun then you are now)! We introduced sign language a few months ago and you can sign "more" and "all done" but only when you want to.  You have a different wave for "hi" and "bye" and you've started pointing to what you want while trying to say it at the same time.  You say "Dada" and "Mama" sometimes on purpose and sometimes I think you just like to say them.  Either way those words will forever be music to our ears.  We are starting the official "weaning" process after the new year starts and I'm curious as to how it's going to go.  We've introduced the whole milk because you've proven to have no allergies so far (thank the Lord) but you're still kind of hesitant about the taste just yet so I'm glad we've started the introduction now.  You have been off of the whole one bottle you took at daycare for a little over 2mths and drink from your sippy cup like a champ, no matter what kind.  You've been moved up, luckily along with your daycare bffs Matilda and Cooper, at "school" and are having kind of a hard time adjusting.  I guess when your first set of teachers set the bar so high it's hard for others to get to their level.  I hope that once the holidays are over and you're back to a normal schedule it will be easier for you Little Bear.  I hate to leave you crying...
You've started actually wanting to feed yourself off of my plate as opposed to just being able to feed yourself off of my plate.  You can also feed yourself with a spoon with a little guidance in getting enough food on the spoon to actually eat.  You just continue to amaze me with the things you can do. 
The next "month" post I write will be for your first birthday, Little Bear.  Even though I know it's coming.  Even though I tear up at the thought of my baby girl not being a baby anymore.  I cannot wait to see what this next year is going to bring up. 
Your daddy and I love you very much Little Bear.  Don't you ever forget that.

Love Forever & Always,
Mommy



Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

No comments:

Post a Comment