Friday, December 31, 2010

It's not much fun without her.

Today was supposed to be a "Mommy Day".  A relax, take it easy, have fun and enjoy some shopping with no interruptions day.  Well, it was for a while and then it wasn't. 
I got up, got Teagan dressed and her stuff all packed so she could go to her Grandparents with her daddy.  I lounged around the house after they left because I didn't really want to crawl back in the bed.  I did a few loads of laundry, changed outfits 3 times and then headed out for my "Mommy Day" shopping adventure.
It. Was. No. Fun.
On the way I kept looking into the backseat for my little companion but alas even her car seat wasn't back there.  She wasn't in the car to sing to me or even to whine at me because she dropped the book she was "reading".  As frustrated as I get at her sometimes while driving, I would rather have the frustration then the silence.  I could handle that today though, I made a mix especially for today and so I cranked it up and jammed on the way to Target.   Target wasn't so bad.  I found a few cute things that I had to allow myself to spend my gift card on.  I have a love-hate relationship with spending Christmas money/gift cards.  I know once they're gone that's it and I have to choose carefully what I will spend them on.
Then , I headed to the mall.  I had gift cards to a few stores in there but when I got inside I found myself aimlessly walking around.  I wasn't used to not having a stroller in front of me with a curious baby inside.  I found myself feeling overwhelmed and ready to leave as soon as I got there. 
Basically, my shopping day was a bust because shopping alone is no longer fun unless I need to do a quick run in and out.  I hate going to the mall when it's crowded and I should have known better than to go today.  Also, there was a Borders, which I knew and forgot, and not a Barnes and Noble which just put the icing on the cake.  I love to go into Barnes and Noble, grab a cup of coffee and relax as I go on a treasure hunt among the aisles of books.
I do have a lot to look forward to the rest of the day.  After I finish up the laundry and clean up a bit I am meeting Josh and Little Bear at the Heavner house for a New Years Eve sleepover!




Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment