Thursday, August 29, 2013

Runner problems.

Okay ladies and gents.  For those of you who might be new to the blog, I am currently training for a marathon.  I am running to raise $1200 for the Getty Owl Foundation.  You can donate and get a nice tax deduction here.  And really, who doesn't like a good tax deduction?

Now, in my training there have been a few things that have befuddled me and some that have really gotten on my nerves.  I just want to get it out there and give those of you who are in the beginning stages of running a little heads up.  So, I'm going to share with you one of my biggest pet peeves.  It's fairly vain, however, I am an almost 30 year old women and not a 13 year old adolescent.  This is not a problem I think I should be dealing with at this point in my life...I digress.

Running makes you sweat, even if you're new to the sport you should know this ya'll, if not consider yourself informed. Sweat tends to make you break out.  Running sweat is different then other sweat.  I really believe this.  I broke out like CRAZY the first 2 months when I started my "official" training.  It was awful.  It was like PMS every week but not just my face, it attacked my shoulders too!  There was NO relief.  I tried as many products as I could and nothing seemed to work.  I wiped my face with baby wipes, make up wipes, hot wash clothes, cold wash clothes, warm washcloths, alcohol pads, witchazel pads, and the list goes on and on.  I splashed water on my face, I showered right after runs, I tried foaming cleanser, and soapy like cleanser, and....
Anyway, I am 3 months into my running and my shoulders and face started to miraculously clear up.  My body sweated out all the yucky stuff and now I just sweat salt (which is another post entirely).  All that being said, I cling to the cliche' of you just have to "sweat it out" sometimes.

However, not all is lost.  There are a few products that I really like when it comes to my face.  Ones that have done well amidst the crater drama.  Ones I wear or use on a daily basis both for my running life and for my non-running life.

For example, for sunscreen when I run I like to use one of two products:
pic via
*I use this product daily. If I know its going to be really hot I will wear this one while running.  I have found that it doesn't "melt" like most I have tried.  Also, it's SPF 30 and smells really good!*
pic via
*I use this one on cooler days because for me it feels like it adapts to the temp outside and it feels cool on my face when I'm starting out on a cool morning.  Be warned though, this one SAYS moisturizer, however, it rubs on like a sunscreen.  My face has never been burnt wearing this one so the protection is good.  It does "melt" a little on long runs so if you try this one I would suggest wearing a hat to cover your forehead and just put this under your eyes and down*




For the cleaning of my face, let's just put it out there people...I'm lazy.  Also, I am not as coordinated as Jennifer Gardner on the Neutrogena commercials and I just make a big mess if I try to wash my face at the sink.  It's just not going to happen.  So, I use pads.

pic via
*I have used these pads on and off for a while and I love them.  They do have salicylic acid in them so if you have a really sensitive face be warned, start with using them once (morning or night) instead of both.  Sometimes I don't even use them but at night.  I also use these on my shoulders sometimes if I feel a little breakout booger trying to burst through*  


What are some of your favorite easy go-to products when you work out?  I'd love to hear about them!





Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!




*I was not compensated for the above product reviews, the companies did not contact me, and all these opinions and words are strictly my own.  If you would like to have a product reviewed on my blog please contact me at TeaganTales@gmail.com *


No comments:

Post a Comment