Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I'm Pregnant!!

I'm pregnant. Even as I write those words my mind can't wrap itself around them. I took a test yesterday morning and there was a faint line. It took me a few minutes to grasp that there was a positive line. I burst out crying and literally got on my knees crying "thank you" to God. I'm sure I said it at least 30 times. I basically cried all morning. Those were some of the happiest tears (if not the happiest) I've ever cried in my life. I got ready and headed into work where I couldn't even think straight. I didn't want to call Josh on the phone and tell him so I started working out how I would tell him in my head. Before my last home visit I went to WalMart and got some lotion for my tummy, a pregnancy magazine and a picture frame and paint markers. I went back to the office and made Josh a "Daddy" picture frame. I also took another pregnancy test (half for the surprise and half for me because I was still in disbelief). I took the test and BAM the actual word PREGNANT popped up. That is when I became 100% sure. I cleaned off the test and taped it to the picture frame. Then I called the doctor and made an appointment.
When I got home Josh wasn't there so I ran upstairs and placed the picture frame on his pillow. I started to clean up the bedroom and turned around and there he was! At first he didn't see it until I glanced over at it and his gaze followed mine. He looked at it and then looked at me with a puzzled look. He asked me why I had taped a marker to a picture frame. I burst out laughing and told him it was a positive pregnancy test. "We're pregnant!!" I practically screamed it. He was pretty shocked but hugged me tightly and kissed me on the forehead. The whole night he stayed in shocked mode.
On the way to work this morning I talked to you Baby Reid! I cannot wait to meet you and feel you! You have made me so happy already and you are only 4 weeks and 6 days old. I can't even imagine the joy you will bring during this 9 month journey. I love you.

Love,
Mommy
*I could get used to that name*

No comments:

Post a Comment