Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Long nights, growth spurts & teeth

Dearest Teagan,
Well my baby love, this weekend was kind of rough, for the both of us. Bless your poor heart because your body decided it would have a growth spurt, you would start the teething process and you would have a cold all in the same weekend. The worst night was Sunday night. You went down like normal but then you got up an hour later and from then on neither of us slept much. You were up every 15-20 minutes for about 3 hours and then every hour until we all finally got up for good. Your daddy was worried and stayed up with us some but he felt just as helpless as I did. It broke my heart to see you in such a state where it took even your mommy longer then normal to calm you. This was one of those times where I really didn't know what was going on or what to do. All I knew was to hold you and comfort you the best I could through the night. I didn't want to give you tylenol because you didn't have a fever and didn't have any of the typical teething symptoms so I just held on tight and rocked you. There were moments through the night where I was exhausted but strangely alert. More alert then I've probably ever been. While I was rocking you and had you asleep in my arms I had one of those "oh, crap, am I spoiling her" moments. Then after staring into your sweet and finally peaceful face I decided no, I wasn't spoiling you, I was loving you like a mommy should. It is times like this weekend that makes me stronger as a mother but also reminds me that I couldn't do it alone. The Lord blessed me with you and the instincts and heart to be the best mommy I can be to you little girl. I vow to always hold you when you are hurting regardless of what other people might say. You are my little girl and I love you. Unconditionally. Always.

Love Forever and Always,
Mommy



*sidenote- Teagan has officially started trying to push a tooth through, she gained 1.1lb in one week and luckily her cold has peaked and we're on the downward slope*

No comments:

Post a Comment