Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Imitation.

It is said that imitation is the greatest form of flattery.  I think imitation is the largest form of self-discovery.  For those of you who might be new to Teagan Tales, Teagan is 2 1/2.  For those of you who have been reading since Teagan was born...she is now FLIPPIN' 2 1/2.  Can anybody else not wrap their heads around that? Also, Kyra Mae is 7 months...where did that come from?

Anyway, Teagan is showing me who I am and how she sees me.  There are good things, not so good things and some necessary things.  Teagan is really into baby dolls right now and treats them like how she sees me act.  Occasionally it's "Shhh, shhhh baby, I got you" or "I got you baby, I got you, it's okay".  Other times it's "I comin' baby, I comin'" or "Just a minute, baby".  There are a few times I even hear her say "right now baby, right now".  And then there are the feedings, poopy diaper changes and time outs.  Yes, she puts her babies in time out.

I've been thinking a lot about this lately.  How my girls view me.  I want to be a great example for them.  I want them to see me as a loving but fair and firm mommy.  I want them to see me love their daddy with an intensity they can only pray to match.  I want them to see me reading my Bible, praying to our Lord without abandon and I want them to see me grow in my walk with Him.  I want them to see me being kind to people.  Not just people like me but especially people not like me.  People who are extremely different from me.  I want my girls to have a helping heart.  I want them to learn that from me.  I pray that I can teach them to be adventurous and to go. see. do.  I want them to always see the world through innocent but not naive eyes.  

I am so thankful that I have an example of these things in my mom, who is also an example to my girls.  I am equally thankful for the friends I have been blessed with.  I have friends who love the Lord and seek to help my girls grow closer the the Lord just as they do their own children.  I even have friends who are willing to discipline (not physically) when I am not around or even when I am and can't get to, currently just, Teagan.

Have you thought about how your children view you, lately?  How they will remember what you said and did when they were young?  What is going to stick out to them when they officially start forming their long term memories?  Just something to think about...



Also, a little something random.  They reset the numbers over at Top Baby Blogs...think you could spare a vote for us? Thanks!

         Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment