Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Dearest Teagan

Dearest Teagan,
My Sweet Little Bear, these last few weeks have been kind of rough on you.  I was gone for 4 days then we left for a very long road trip to Vermont and we threw your schedule all out of sorts.  Then the week after we got back you got bit at school, pretty hard, twice.  Your world hasn't quite gone back to normal yet.  Since we got back the only time you'll leave my side without protest is at school.  I'm not sure if you are still getting back into a comfortable place, if you are afraid I will leave you for a few days again or if you are really starting to sense whats coming in two months. 
Some things are going to change.  Things I have no power over.  I am going to get more and more tired as these 2 months progress.  So far I think I have been pretty good at not letting this effect how I play or interact with you.  I usually wait to crash after you've gone to bed.  This might change a little but as the weather gets cooler I hope it won't change too much.  My belly is only going to continue to get bigger.  Mommy isn't very tall so Baby Bear has nowhere to go but out!  That means sitting in my lap is going to get a little more difficult.  Just because my belly is getting bigger does not mean there isn't room for you anymore.  It just means we wil have to make some adjustments.  You might just have to sit on the side of my lap instead of the middle.  We will make it work though Kiddo, I promise. 
I just want you to know that your daddy and I will do everything in our power to make sure you don't get lost in the shuffle.  I hope you will never question the fact that we love you.  There will never be a time in your life where we won't love you and try to show it to the best of our ability.  Remember that always. 

Forever & Always,
Mommy

1 comment: