Thursday, August 11, 2011

Figuring out that I´m pregnant.

There was so much to see and do and experience at BlogHer11.  At home there is always something to be done. Change diapers, give baths, work, fix dinner, occasionally get a shower in.  My body hasn´t really had time to figure out that it´s pregnant.  Until this weekend when it couldn´t take it anymore.  My body decided to remind me just how pregnant I am.  My body reminded me, at BlogHer11, that in about 10 weeks a baby is coming out of my body.  I learned my lesson the hard way.  A few times. 
Saturday I did a lot of walking and rushing and didn´t get a lot of sleep the night before.  I also was not drinking enough water so my body was a little dehydrated.  I started cramping, getting short of breath and my heart started racing.  I headed toward the medic to get my blood pressure checked.  Luckily it was fine, barely high, but he told me I was over doing it and needed to sit down and take it easy.  So, I did, for a little while.  There were sessions to go to and people to meet and see.  I rested long enough to be okay for a little while.  By the end of the night I was having small contractions. I called Josh, called the nurse and she told me to go to bed and call if they got worse in the hour.  All was well after I laid down. I knew I had over done it. 
Sunday was a different story.  I had no choice but to run around like a chicken with it´s head cut off.  I had to wait forever in line to check in at the airport, the guy tried to send me to flippin´ Washington instead of Charlotte and I literally had to run to my gate.  RUN.  At 30 weeks pregnant.  Carrying 3 bags loaded down with goodies.  That meant no breakfast and a 3 hour flight.  I tried to find one of those little carts to take me but nobody seemed to be manning their´s.  There were just a lot sitting around unmanned.  I started having small contractions that finally went away after boarding the plane.  Then the plane landed late and I had to run across the Houston airport and take the tram to get to my plane on time.  Luckily I had time to grab a sandwich and some juice but that didn´t stop the contractions from starting over again.  Thankfully they subsided once I was able to get on the plane.  But by then I was completely uncomfortable.  My hips and butt and legs were hurting and so sore and there was no moving around or getting comfortable.  The flight home was pretty much miserable.
This last week was a not so gentle reminder that I am very much pregnant.  That I need to slow down.  That it is okay to take a break once in a while.  That there are people around me who will help when I am trying to do it all.  That I need to let myself ask for that help.  And that Baby Bear will be here in less then 10 weeks. Holy flippin' cow. 



Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

1 comment:

  1. Oh Rici! Take care of you and that little one - what jerks at the airport - they should have put you on one of those carts and let you put your feet up!

    ReplyDelete