Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Hope is bigger than anger.

I am going to share with you a video that was shown to me and a group of women this weekend.  I am going to go ahead and assume some of the feelings you may have after you watch this particular one, and the next few I will share, but I'm not going to type those words until after the video.  I do want you to ponder the same questions I was asked to think on while watching this video the first time.
What do you see?
What do you hear?
What do you feel?


(89 Victims of Human Trafficking Rescued (Covert Footage) from The Exodus Road on Vimeo.)

I was intrigued at the beginning of this video when I first watched it.  I was curious about what this would look like.  My adrenaline sent my heart into slight palpitations, then my hands began to sweat a little and I started wondering what was going to happen? What was this going to look like? I got a lot angrier during this short, less than 5 minute, video than I have been in a long time.  I cried but it wasn't a sobbing cry or an ugly cry. And y'all, I ugly cried a LOT at Allume this weekend. This cry allowed me to shed tears of hope. God put it on my heart during this video not to focus on the part that made me angry but to see Him working through this. The fact that there is even a video like this.  That there is a group of people who have been called to set people free because they have been set free themselves just resonated throughout the entire last minutes of this video for me. So, y'all, get angry.  Get fire breathing, ugly cry angry, but then let it go. Choose to seek the hope from this story. Then, I challenge you to do something.
Over the next few days and weeks I will be giving you the opportunity to respond to this challenge.  I have some ideas and ways you can help raise awareness and support.  Right now, I just want this to sit with you for a day or two.  I want you to pray about it and search your heart and listen and seek if God is calling you to be a part of this.  If you have questions before then you can shoot me an e-mail or go to their website, The Exodus Road.  Until then, allow yourself to feel those emotions but don't let them overwhelm you.  Allow yourself to choose hope because hope is so much greater than anger.




Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

No comments:

Post a Comment