Friday, November 18, 2011

Dearest Kyra

Dearest Kyra,
My sweet baby girl.  You have done it.  Something I wasn't sure I was going to be able to do one more time.  You've made me fall in love for a third time.  I honestly wasn't sure my heart was capable of breaking off into one more solid piece but you've proven me wrong.  I love you with as much intensity as I did your sister and as I do your daddy.  You have been such a blessing to our family.  You've made our family a whole now.  With you we are complete.
Your temperament is not unlike your sister's but it's quite a bit calmer then hers.  You take most things in stride and curiously watch her and the rest of the world with a look of intense interest.
Even though at this point your smiles are still mostly due to gas bubbles it still makes my heart squeal with joy when your lips curl up and you smile that sweet smile.  Sometimes I disregard what research is proven and know certain smiles are just for me and not caused by bubbles in your tummy.
You turned three weeks old yesterday and to be honest I could hardly believe it. I feel as if you have always been with us at this point.  Truthfully, I think Teagan thinks you've always been with us.  She adjusted to you much quicker then your daddy & I thought.  She loves you like we only hoped she would.  She thinks you are the best thing since yogurt or bananas and that is saying something for her.  I only pray that love continues to grow between the two of you and you can have a bond that surpasses even the best of friendships. 
We thank the Lord every day for bringing you into our lives and we can't wait to watch you grow up. We are prayerful that you will always know how much we love you and how blessed we feel. 

Forever & Always,
Mommy

3 comments:

  1. Insightful words from a young Mommy! Krya & Teagan are both blessed to have you & Josh as parents! We love you. Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. THose smiles are real, believe nothing less. Happy 3 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A mazzzzing I'm the very Proud uncle to all three! Momma, Baby and Baby Sister! Love you all.
    Uncle Chuck

    ReplyDelete