Friday, October 1, 2010

Mom, Moma, Mommy.


My mom sent me a card in the mail (she will forever reign as the card queen) and I read it while Teagan was sweetly nursing. Have you ever read something that made you so happy and honored that it would be a sin not to shed tears? Well, this was one of those things. Even more beautiful was the connection made at that very moment between my mom, Teagan and I. In that moment all was still as I loved on my daughter, reading the card/letter from my mom, and wishing with all my might that I would be as good of a mommy to Teagan as my mom was to me. I love my mom so much and appreciate her love for me. She cared for me through the baby years, the terrible twos, all the moves we made and the high school drama. For years it was me, her and my daddy. We were inseparable for years and we pretty much still are. We are two peas in a pod. I would say we are best friends but we are so much more. We are a mom and a daughter.

I love you mom.


Always,

Your little girl.


An excerpt from the card:

"I've been so proud of you throughout the years. With exquisite joy and deligh, I have watched you grow and marveled at the mysteries and curiosities of each stage unraveling before my eyes. You've made me so happy; your love has kept me solid through my own journey in life."

3 comments:

  1. You do indeed have an awesome mom! As are you.
    Love ya
    Deb Harkey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slick: I 2nd your emotion! She is awesome as I know Sprout thinks the same of you. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful letter to receive from your Mom!

    ReplyDelete