Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Cherry on Top award.

My high school and bloggy mom friend, Makia, over at Teaka's Truths was kind enough to pass on the Cherry on Top award! This is my second bloggy award and I always appreciate when I receive them because they are from other bloggers. In this case a blogger I've known since middle school!
Anyway, here are the rules/directions. It's another one of those pass it on awards! All you have to do for the Cherry on Top award is:

1. Answer the question "If I had the chance to go back and change one thing in my life, would I, and what would it be?
2. Pick up to 6 people and give them this award.
3. Thank the person who gave the award.

My answer: If I had to go back and change one thing in my life it would be to live life in college. I feel like I didn't take advantage of my college years. There is so much I wish I would have done and been involved in and places I would have gone. I can count on 2 fingers the number of people I met in college that I actually talk to on a regular basis. That's so sad. I just ran through my college years in a fog. I think it's because I had so many mental health things going on during that time that I was just trying to get through it. I feel like I was robbed of my college experience. My sister-in-law is currently at UNC Chapel Hill and the things she is doing and planning to do make me envy her. I get excited for her when she talks about going places and doing things that I wish I would have done. I would have loved to study abroad. I never did. I would have loved to gone to a single football game. I never did. I would have loved to have made the Dean's list. I never did. I do blame this on my mental state at the time but it doesn't change the longing to pull that time back down from the shelf and do it over again. On the other hand, if I had done all those things where would I be now? Maybe I wouldn't be where I'm at now. Married. With an amazing baby. Settled. Part of me doesn't want to be settled yet. The other part of me, the mommy part of me, knows that no matter what I want Teagan & Josh are the most important right now and so I will put those thoughts back on the shelf and just occasionally take a peek. But knowing that with each peek there will be heartache and then a reality check and then I will look back at my baby girl and know it was all worth it.

I nominate:

Moment & Impressions

Noble Nuggets

Tie a Little Ribbon


So, thanks again, Makia and to everybody else, have a happy Tuesday!!

1 comment:

  1. Following you from Mommy Blog, welcome. Come visit
    http://www.momstreehouse.com/. Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete