Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Ideas for my BlogHer wardrobe.

Normally I wouldn't be too nervous about dressing for my first official blogging conference.  I would probably be in a pair of skinny jeans, a tank/tee, a cute cardigan and beyond cute shoes.  Add a cute headband and I'd be set.
Problem: I will be 30 weeks pregnant when I am at the conference.  I want to be comfortable as I can be and I want to be cute.  I know it's not about the clothes but really? There are some amazingly fashionable bloggers that I cannot wait to meet and I want to look cute. Can we say 1st day of school nerves?
I have a set of sisters, Manda & Jayme, I have befriended through blogging and twitter who have an Etsy shop where they sell vintage clothing. For Ladies, Mama's to be & Kiddos.  I have found a few cute things that I will probably be purchasing from their store to take from the conference.  Check out their blogs here & here.  
Take a look at this adorable dress!  All it needs is a belt and some cute shoes! How comfortable would this be?!!?
 

I've also found a few cute "inspiration" pieces that I plan on searching our local Goodwill & thrift stores for.  Although, I probably won't go too far out of my comfort zone and will probably end up at least one day in my skinny maternity jeans, cute flats, a tank/tee and a cardigan.  Look how cute some of this stuff is!

I found this dress at TopShop and think it would be cute for one of the parties!

I also found these cute colored tanks from TopShop:





And these two adorable cardigans from Target:

I will hold true to my statements in previous posts.  I'm not going to be buying a lot of maternity clothes because we plan on this being our last baby so it would basically be a waste of money.  I will, however be buying a couple of things because my belly is starting to grow out of things! I think that is a legitimate excuse! I'm so excited about BlogHer '11!!!







Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

3 comments:

  1. Such cute finds...especially that dress! (wink, wink). Sounds like such an exciting conference/getaway for you!!

    xo
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to wear business clothes for my last pregnancy. Dresses were my saving grace. I did a lot of thrifting and found that jersey dresses and wrap dresses in a couple sizes larger (non- maternity) worked really really well. The styles nowadays are stretchy so you don't even need maternity- then you can resell them on consignment when you're done. BCBG in particular has great styles and tends to sell cheap at TJMaxx and Marshall's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the suggestion, Naz!

    ReplyDelete