Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Crock pot recipe number 1.

I went flipping through one of those old home church recipe books yesterday for an idea for dinner.  I came across lasaugna in a crock pot but ended up having to alter it a bit because I didn't have everything for it. 

Basically this is what I did:

Browned the meat and then combined the sauce with it. 
The recipe said to break up lasaugna noodles and place in the bottom of the crockpot.  I just used ziti noodles instead.
Layer the noodles, meat and cheese like you would normally with lasaugna or ziti. *with the first layer of noodles also add 1/3 cup of water*
Put the crockpot on high for 3 hrs or low for 5 hrs (maybe a little longer, not all crockpots seem to be created equally) and cover.


I threw this together Sunday after we got home from church and it was finished by dinner time! I didn't have to worry about throwing something together and it taking time away from my family.  It took 15 minutes to prepare and BAM! Sunday dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment