Monday, January 30, 2012

The cake.

The plan was for me to make Teagan's cake this year.  I was just going to use the Funfetti stuff from Betty Crocker and decorate the outside with pink and polka dots.  Mark that up as a big FAIL.  I thought I would just bake them in circular pans and then cut them down to size and decorate them. Yeah, have you ever tried to ice a cake you've cut? I hadn't. Until Teagan's birthday party. It doesn't work. At all.  So, instead of a birthday cake Teagan got a birthday cupcake in an ice cream cone with candles and I crumbled the cake into cupcake holders, sprinkled polka dot sprinkles and put little party flags in them. No use in wasting a good cake! 

3 comments:

  1. I wondered how the crumb cake started

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I did that too the first time I tried cutting cake. The trick is a watered down super thin layer of icing - I thinned mine with milk - then let it sit and ice over that. I wasn't creative enough to make crumble cake when I destroyed mine. That is really a great save! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hilarious, and totally something that I would do! :) I'm your newest follower. You can find my blog at http://talesoftwogirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete