Friday, June 17, 2011

Dearest Teagan

Dearest Teagan,

Oh my Little Bear! What a big girl you're becoming! You moved up into the "big kid" classroom at school this week.  The one where we used to poke our heads in, you would wave to the "big kids" and they would scream at the top of their lungs "Hi, baby Teagan"!  Now, you are a "big kid". You are a toddler and no longer a baby.  Honestly, just typing those words brings bittersweet tears to my eyes. No longer a baby.

I am so proud of you.  You have grown up so much in the last few months that it makes my head spin just trying to keep up with it all.  You are starting to take in the world around you with a new curiosity that makes me gaze at you with wonder.  You've started talking more and you like to read to yourself now.  I am so thankful you share my love for books.  I hope you will always love to read.  You also share your daddy's love for figuring things out.  Every new thing you receive you inspect.  It's so funny to see you turn over your car or your chair just to see what is going on underneath it.  I just smile to myself and think that you are going to be a force to be reckoned with.  I can't wait until you can fit in your first pair of coveralls and start helping your daddy fix his cars up and taking them to shows! Hopefully, you will be willing to let Baby Bear at least help wash the car and toddle along behind you!

I am continually amazed at how loving you are to your Baby Bear.  It doesn't take any coercing for you just to run and snuggle up and kiss my belly.  Your latest thing is playing peek-a-boo with Baby Bear while you brush your teeth.  Sometimes you play more peek-a-boo then you do brush your teeth but I make sure your teeth get brushed and you have fun so it works.

It is getting a little harder to sit and have you plop down on my lap so I can read you stories.  My belly is starting to really get out there and sometimes when you just come over and plop down we have to readjust to make all three of us comfortable.  I promise that no matter how much we have to readjust over the next few months that you will always be able to plop down in my lap so we can read stories. 

We are going to begin the process of taking your binky away.  I know how attached you are to it.  It's been a close companion for 17 months but I fear if we wait any longer it will only get worse.  You're doing great with it at school now that you are in your new class.  You don't ask for it or care about it at all until nap time.  Ms. Danielle is starting to work with you on that part.  I figure with a tag-team attempt we'll get it within the next two weeks or so.  I haven't decided if I'm going to snip the tip or not.  I am just trying to make it happen with as little trauma as possible.  But, it has to be done.  This is one of those Mommy-Daddy moments we don't enjoy having to do but it's necessary. Just remember, we love you.

When I found out I was pregnant with Baby Bear I was scared how I could manage to love two kiddos with the same amount of love I have for you alone.  Then as you grow and get older my love for you grows every day and the space in my heart continues to expand.  I'm not worried about loving you both anymore.  So, thank you Little Bear, for showing me that I can love you both. I can love you equally.  I will love you both with my whole heart. I will make sure you never feel as if you are getting less love.  You are my Little Bear. You have taught me so much over the last (almost) 17 months.  I only hope I can continue to teach you as you are teaching me.

I love you Little Bear.
Forever & Always,
Mommy

1 comment: