Monday, June 13, 2011

If your child is anything like mine, they go through picky eating phases.  Right now, Teagan is going through a phase where she won't eat fruit. Hardly ever.  It makes me ecstatic when she takes a bite of watermelon and doesn't spit it out.  I keep telling her, "It's summer, kid! Fresh fruit is a MUST!" but with no avail. 

I have discovered she will eat anything sweet and frozen though.  I still have some fruit that I made her, when she was still eating baby food, in the freezer.  I put that in her mesh thing and she goes to town.  So, I figured, it's hot and she's got a swimming pool now so I'll just load her up with "popsicles"!

Last night I made blackberry popsicles, mango popsicles and bananacado popsicles.  Just like I would have made her baby food for the most part and then stuck them in the freezer.  I wasn't too sure if I should cook the blackberries or really how to do that so I looked it up and found the answer here.

All it said to do was mix 2 cups of blackberries (or any berry really) and 1 cup of milk then blend and freeze.  Easy as that! Just remember blackberry stains are terrible to get out and stain quickly so put a towel or something down when you're prepping and pouring into the popsicle things (or ice cube trays like I did).

I think I'll probably end up getting a set of the grown up popsicle makers as well. They are great snack for a pregnant mama during the summer!




Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs