Thursday, November 18, 2010

Bittersweet

The Bitter.
Today was the last day I will feed Teagan at lunch.  Today I was told Teagan will move up at daycare to the older baby class.  Today I cried a little as Teagan nursed.  Today I snuggled her extra tight as she gave me sleepy "lovin'" after she nursed. Today I walked slower to take her back to her room.  Today I took extra care and tucked her in more carefully when I put her in her crib at daycare.  Today I cried when I got into the car.  Today I missed my baby girl so bad it hurt. 

The Sweet.
Today we started the process of weaning Teagan because she is becoming a big girl.  Today I was told Teagan will move up to the older baby class with her two best school friends, Matilda and Cooper.  Today I smiled as Teagan nursed because I am amazed at how she is growing and how incredible she is.  Today I snuggled Teagan extra tight because I love her more then she'll ever know and she shows me how much she loves me by giving me "lovin" back and snuggling up tight.  Today I put a finally sleepy Teagan in her crib because she would really rather play then nap.  Today I smiled as I walked down the hall and got into my car.  Today I realized I don't have a baby girl anymore.  Today I am thankful that Teagan is healthy and happy and growing up to be a sweet Little Bear. 

2 comments:

  1. These are some of the sweetest most precious days of your lives. It only gets better.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW! I teared up when I read about weaning. I can't do it. Not yet. Not because of him but because of me. I'm not ready to let go...not yet. I don't think he is anywhere near ready either. He only nurses at night before bed and on occasion he nurses before nap time. Its too special. This is the last time I'll get to do it. The 'firsts' are very special but the 'firsts of the lasts' are very special and very hard at the same time. These are moments I'm going to miss one day very soon and I just can't let go. Not yet.

    ReplyDelete