Monday, November 15, 2010

Running progress

I was down for the count a few days ago.  After completing cross training last Tuesday my left foot hurt so bad I could barely walk from the Wal Mart parking lot to my car.  I had a doctors appointment for the following week to check on it but I called and said I needed to be seen ASAP because I needed to know what I was up against and how far back it would set my training schedule.  They said they could see me the next morning so I jumped on the appointment.
The doctor told me my pain was due to my flat feet and running had basically strained the muscle but all I needed were insole inserts and I would be good to go.  He did tell me to lay off it for a few days but I wasn't going to listen.  If all I needed were insoles then we were golden.  Unfortunately the running universe had different plans and trying to find these insoles became nearly impossible.  I purchased a pair that were similar but didn't even get up the road before I was in so much pain I really thought I was going to have to call Josh to come down the street to come get me.  Needless to say those were apparently NOT the right insoles. I threw a bit of a fit, quietly because Teagan was in bed, when I got back to the house.  A lot of crying and throwing the insoles and a few kitchen towels and then I sat on the couch and ate a LOT of ice cream because at that point I wasn't in training mode.
After my hissy fit I found the insoles online and had them overnighted but they wouldn't be here until Monday (today).  On Sunday I had had enough of not running and so I decided to run anyway.  Without the insoles.  I figured my foot had enough time to rest and recoop so I should be able to run.   Luckily, I was right.  I ran 4 miles in 40 minutes.  HELLO 10 minute MILES!!! Now if I could just keep that pace for all 13 miles we'll be golden! haha! Also, if I did that without the insoles I hope to do better with the insoles in. I also went to the gym today and ran hills/sprints (it's supposed to be a hilly course, ) for 2 miles and my foot only hurt slightly.
As planned the insoles were waiting for me when I got home...not planned was the company SENDING ME THE WRONG KIND!!!!!
 I will probably still run tonight but it won't be as long as planned. I will not be defeated and I will not back down.  

Half marathon, I'm still coming to get you.

If you are interested in donating to this cause please go to my Crowdrise site and donate.  All donations are tax deductible.  The goal is only $1000.  If everybody can give $5 then we will be well on our way to the goal.  A big thanks to those who have already given!!

*If you are interested in the course you can go here to see it*
*Also, keep Baby Getty in your thoughts and prayers.  She has surgery tomorrow.  Keep up with Baby Getty on her blog*