Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Need a laugh? Read on...

If you have been following the drama of the insoles this last week then you will find this especially humorous.

I will give you a little background on the insole drama just in case you have no idea what I am about to talk about.  I went to the doctor last week because my left foot was killing me after running.  The doctor told me to get insoles for my shoes and I would be good to go.  After the appointment I rushed to the drug store to get the insoles and assumed (shame, shame) I would be alright after that (mistake number 1).  I attempted to run at home that very night and broke down in tears and almost had to have Josh come get me because my foot hurt so bad.  I just assumed it was the wrong insole, not that my foot was still hurting from earlier (mistake number 2).  After an incredible serving of ice cream I decided I would just order the correct insoles, have them overnighted and take back the wrong ones.  The insoles were delivered yesterday.  They were the same ones I had already.  Things brings us to today and the most embarrassing thing that has happened to me in a while....

I decided I was just going to the place the doctor told me to get the insoles originally.  So, after I dropped Teagan off and checked in a the office I took my lunch break early and headed out to downtown Hickory.  This is about a 25 minute drive each way but almost all interstate so it's not too bad.  I get to the drug store and I feel the excitement and anxiety creeping in.  Are they going to have them? They HAVE to have them.  If they don't have them what am I going to do?  I bravely walk in and hand the lady at the counter the paper the doctor gave me with the specific name brand, type of insole and the item number written at the top.  I asked if they had this particular item number in stock.  She looked at the paper, up at me and then down at the paper again.  My cheeks started flushing because I just knew they didn't have any in stock. 

Are you ready for this??

She looked back up at me and kindly said, "Ma'am, this is our phone number.  It's not an item number."  Yeah, just let that sink in for a minute. 

As you can imagine, my face turns bright red but I try my best to hide it.  I just looked dumbfounded at her and managed an "Oh".  She said she could show me where they were in the store so she led me to the roundabout they were on. She shows me the SAME INSOLES I've bought twice.  I look at the back and tell her I need the insoles specifically for flat feet.  This is for mild to high arches.  She looked at me and told me this was what I needed because this provided that amount of support for people who had flat feet.  Needless to say my face turned bright red again.  I told her thank you and left.  With my head down in shame. 

The end result was me taking one pair back, keeping the ones I had overnighted and planning on a run tonight.  Hope you laughed as hard as I did. 

Here's to my run tonight and raising more money for SMA Research.  If you'd like to donate there are 25 days left to donate.  We've reached $280 which means we have $720 left to go before we meet our goal.  Help me raise money to find a cure for this disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment