Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pregnancy weight.

I recently read an article on Babble about losing pregnancy weight and the stigma that is attached to it.  I agreed and disagreed at the same time.
I agree the media and society harp too much on how quickly a woman should lose pregnancy weight.  The celebrities are back in their bikinis with bikini bodies within 6 weeks of giving birth.  Most women aren't even released by their doctor until 6 weeks.  How they do it, I'm not sure.  I can't imagine the pressure most of them are under. 
On the other hand women who DO lose their pregnancy weight quickly should not be ridiculed either. Especially us unfamous women.  I have 5 more lbs to lose before I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight.  Have I worked out? No. Have I restricted my diet? No. Am I nursing? Yes. Am I running around after a toddler? Yes. Am I eating like a normal person and not using the fact that I am breastfeeding as an excuse to eat a ton of food? Yes.  I'm not sorry for it. I'm pretty excited about it.  I tried my entire pregnancy to keep my weight gain within a healthy range and I did.  I gained 32 lbs.  So, yes, I have lost almost 30lbs in a month.  With Teagan I gained almost 80lbs.  It was completely unhealthy and took a year to lose.  I vowed not to go down that road again.  Next week I will start working out, if the doctor releases me and I will lose the 5lbs and then some (I was in the process of losing a few pounds when I got pregnant).  I will not feel guilty about it. I will work my butt off and come June when Josh and I get away for our 5 year anniversary I will look like a smokin' hot mama in a bikini for my hubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment